Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Workshop for Contemporary Artists 26th Annual Exhibit











The 26th Annual Workshop for Contemporary Artists Exhibit was held last night a the Old Courthouse Art Center in Woodstock, IL. The OCAC has four galleries so there were artists from the Real People Show, Claymirth, and Old Courthouse Figurative Art League with their friends and followers at the reception. This made for one of the best art openings that I have had the pleasure to be a part of. I tried to take pictures, but as with all art shows where I am one of the exhibitors, I would rather talk to visitors and share my art than take pictures of the crowd. So here are a few quick snapshots from the evening reception that was attended by a standing room only crowd.

The members of WCA are myself, Judith Nahill, Nancy Seidler, Lynn Carlson, Patricia Tanner, Alice White, Doris Davis-Gallagher and Rita Kay Halvorsen. Patricia Tanner and I have been members of this dynamic and incredible artist group for 14 years. The other members have been showing their art together for more than 26 years. I love the ladies and our group, they have encouraged me to grow as an artist through their unwavering support.