Saturday, September 24, 2016

The "Fearless" Exhibit

I am so excited that two of my paintings where accepted in the National juried exhibit titled "Fearless" at the Old Courthouse Art Center in Woodstock.


October  6– 29

“Fearless” National Exhibit

Old Courthouse Art Center

101 Johnson St., Woodstock, IL

Reception: Saturday Oct. 15, 6-9 p.m.


This is an oil painting depicting my son Alex on the long term parking commuter train in the international terminal at O'Hare Airport in Chicago.  The painting titled "World Traveler" measures 40"high x 60" wide.

This painting is also oil on canvas and depicts my daughter Michelle on the same train at O'Hare Airport.  This is oil on canvas and measures 40"high x 30"wide.

My husband Keith and I have enjoyed the opportunity to travel throughout Europe with our two children Michelle and Alex.  I think that the way the world is today that international travel does take a bit of a "fearless" attitude as in the title of the show these two paintings will be a part of.

I like to build depth in my work so that the flat surface of the canvas takes on a more three dimensional space with believable depth.  The main figure is usually dominant in the foreground and the middle ground is occupied by more figures and the background fades to cooler colors and softer edges.  I love the entire process from working out the composition to the final brushstrokes.  I look forward to completing the new canvases that I am stretching and starting on new work.