Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Another Exhibit Another Invite


My five mixed media boxes titled "Resonance" will be on exhibit in the show "Ellipse" at the Old Courthouse Art Center in Woodstock.

Here's a detail view.  



“Ellipse” Statement:

“Resonance”

These mixed media boxes titled “Resonance” represent my ongoing interest in the intersections of art and science.  In the field of science the magnetic field forms a “resonance ellipse” where the classical image projection by lenses or resonant cavities is familiar in the blending of light in the atmosphere to form mirages, and the focusing of sound.  The objects in my boxes began as separate parts, but when I started arranging the shapes and considered the dynamic relationships between the marbles and broken glass ball I found the trajectory of ellipses could be contained within the closed box form. Creating these whimsical pieces are a small part of my full time art practice.