Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Shows in One Month




This month has been very busy for me with exhibiting my work in three different venues. In previous posts you have views of the show "Honoring and Remembering" at Northern Trust Bank in Chicago. This show has been on exhibit since early July and has received excellent reviews and a few press features. I will pick-up the work after the deinstallation at the end of the month.
The second show was installed on August 2, and is pictured in these photos taken at the Elgin Art Showcase, an alternative venue that attracts a broad audience. This is a solo show, so I took the opportunity to exhibit some of my work from a few years ago. When I look at my work from the past few years I find it very rewarding that there is a cohesive flow from one body of work to the next. I have loads of work, and continually create new paintings and drawings, but I find there is change and growth as each year of work comes into being with virtually a life of it's own.
When I have an opportunity to exhibit my work I will usually say yes. I love the process of hanging a show and seeing the work come together in a new space. I always price the work and expect that there will be some interested buyers. This is the "icing on the cake" for an artist, to exhibit their work in as many shows as possible, the final cherry that makes it all come together is a load of interested collectors buying the art.
In the following post I will include photos from the third show this month, the annual Workshop for Contemporary Artists 27 Annual Exhibit at the Old Courthouse Art Center in Woodstock.