Monday, March 7, 2011

Portrait Painting Demo from Live Model




I love painting from life with a real person posing or just being still for a short time. My process and technique are my own. Over time and many years of focused attention in my studio in front of the easel, with brush in hand and palette nearby, my unique process has been evolving as an artist. I don't think there is an easy way to arrive at your own mark, your style that sets you apart from others. I have consistently kept my focus and have not been shy of the hard work and dedication that is required to continually move forward. It's a wonderful life to have a studio where I am able to continue working and inviting people to pose for me and experience the wonders of portraiture.
My son Alex kindly posed for this painting in oils. The gallery is located in the Dole Mansion the building that houses my studio, Soldner Fine Art Studio. The art on the gallery is by artists and teachers , Amber Larsen and Johanna Gullick. My paintings and drawings can be seen on the walls in the background behind me, and to my right. If you're visiting Crystal Lake please take time to stop by the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park, come by my studio and I'll show you the galleries and Dole Mansion.