Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Artist Talk with Jeanine Hill-Soldner at Algoqnuin Library

I am on the left and Frances Mai Ling is on the right as we discuss our collaborative process at the Artist Talk at the Sage Gallery in November 2010.

In addition to my "Portraits of American Veterans" exhibit I will present and Artist Talk in which I will discuss the inspiration that compelled me to develop the Portrait project. Frances Mai Ling and a number of the Veterans whose portraits are represented will be in attendance. I look forward to sharing my work and the stories about the Veterans. My painting process and basic technical information will also be discussed. This promises to be a wonderful community building program with art as the catalyst that starts and continues the dialogue about how military service and those who have served can help us understand how to find peace.
Join me on Sunday February 20 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm for an afternoon of fascinating and friendly conversation.