Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Revisiting Still-Life





I haven't posted in quite a while so I thought I would share a few view of my studio where new work is always in process.  Each day presents a new beginning for the process of creating new work and completing works in process.  There is a continuum at work, a never ending cycle that takes me back to precious times when I began painting in my youth.  This past winter and spring I revisited my earliest painting subject matter of still life, something that I actually detested when I was a student and continue to find boring at times.  Surprisingly I found it quite relaxing and although I would not choose to paint "still objects" every day, I may take time occasionally and simply meditate on the process. 
 I have a very full exhibit schedule coming up this summer and will post all the info when I have the details.