Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Offering a New Graduate Level Course for Art Teachers

In addition to the Open Studio Sessions and occasional Workshops that I offer in my studio I will be working with the Art Teachers from District 47 this fall. I have many years of art program development and implementation experience at St. Margaret Mary School in Algonquin, I will now develop curriculum art programs with art teachers from the local schools.


The course title is "Curriculum Development: Art, Culture and Community, Integrative Strategies. " This will be a curriculum development course that will integrate concepts of art, culture and community in the elementary and middle school classroom. Teachers will develop lesson plans that address the need for exposing students to the art of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Hands-on activities will reinforce the concepts and process that teachers will then translate into their classroom lesson plans.

I am looking forward to working with teachers and creating art with them. We will draw, paint, and create 3D pieces. This gives me a chance to teach experienced artists/ educators. It will be exciting to see the teachers take the art making process to a whole new level.

I will post the weekly plans on my blog. I hope to provide photos of the art works and keep a running log on the teacher's projects.

No comments: