Monday, January 21, 2008

"Flag Tokens" oil 12" x 12" and mixed media 36" x 18" Exhibit at Curtis Gallery, Lake in the Hills, IL


These are oil on canvas and mixed media works, that represent the American Flag, but in a silightly different context than we ususally think of "old glory". I was born and raised on and around military bases in the Southeast and Hawaii. The flag was a powerful symbol in my life. For many years, I have been exploring the various forms the flag can take, yet still be recognizable.

Curtis Gallery at Curtis Professional building in Lake in the the Hills, IL is a new venue for area artists to exhibit thier work. I have enjoyed the opportunity to show some of my work in this spacious building, and want to thank John Curtis for making this new gallery space possible.
You can visit http://www.curtisgallery.net/ for more information.

No comments: